Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Running.

It is March, it has been for 14 days! So I guess it is a little late to pick a March goal, but I picked one anyway. Actually I picked it on the 10th if that makes you feel any better.

I don't know how this goal came to be honestly. I was just in the gym and I was doing the whole elliptical thing when I looked up saw the treadmill. And something got into me. A little voice from somewhere said, "You can do it, you can run". I of course laughed at that voice. It didn't leave though. So I listened.

I got off the elliptical walked over to the treadmill and started to walk. Then I started to run. It didn't last very long probably four minutes, yes pathetic. Then I walked some more. Then I ran again.
Kind of what I look like right now.


I left the gym thinking I hated every second of that. But I did love the number of calories I burned.

The next day, I went to the gym again. And headed straight to the treadmill. That is when I knew that this was going to be a thing, I was going to run. Another pathetic day of alternating and I knew I needed a plan.

This is where Pintrest came in. When I need a plan I turn to Pintrest and that led me to a site called superskinnyme.com (a really nice resource for all things fitness) and found a plan for beginning runners (http://www.superskinnyme.com/beginner_running_program.html, if you want to try with me). But Cassandra that is a ten week plan! March isn't ten weeks. Actually I have plans to run everyday, yes everyday, until July 6 then I will probably take it down to 3x a week.  I'm starting on week 3 because that is basically what I had been doing.

I'm going to be a runner.
My Plan, this goes on for 4 pages.
 (p.s. I've already lost 3 lbs, which makes convincing myself to run a hell of a lot easier)

After four days of running everyday, I still dislike it but I don't hate it. I can do this. Plus I'm training in Colorado which means (fingers crossed) it will be easier to run when I get back to good old Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment