Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Winds Are Changing

Dearest Darlings,
I like change, it is no secret. Maybe I am too addicted to the thought of change, the thought of new things. Lately my life had been so... steady. I miss having a rush, having a thrill. I need a little rebellion. I truly do take after my mother in this way. The thing about being a change addict is that it is impractical. I would consider it one of my biggest weaknesses. It is dangerous and could be harmful. Not just to me but to my relationships with my friends and family (and if I ever get one a boyfriend).


My roomie and I have been joking around about improving ourselves. Well what if I did? What if I found something I didn't like about myself to work on every month this year? It is February and I am making a resolution. Stability.


Luckily I took a monastic interim and  I have a wonderful Philosophy teacher who lets me borrow from his personal collection of monastic books. Monks happen to know a lot about stability. They live with the same routine every week of their entire life. So I have resources to help me.


I am going to try embracing where I am in life. Enjoying the things that are happening, even if they happen daily. The first way I'm going to change myself is to not seek change. Congrats Cassandra you've made a paradox.

Later Lovelies

p.s. I could totally add blogging to my stable routine. That would be pretty cool. 


1 comment:

  1. I think you are quite wonderful and I think it would be super duper fun if you kept up your blog!!

    ReplyDelete