Sunday, November 13, 2011

Surrender.

Aloha Amigos!

There are two ways to think of surrendering. 
1. The act of admitting you have lost and giving up.
or
2. The act of letting go and giving away your control.



I think so many times in my faith I struggle with surrendering. I either go with option number one or I flat out refuse to surrender. The problem with option number one is after I give up I no longer pay attention to the problem at hand. Too often I am guilty of letting the words "Oh Well" cover a situation that probably needed more attention. In the situation of refusing to surrender I find that I think I can fix a situation beyond my control. This starts a whole chain of problems that in the end leads to me not only getting the incorrect outcome but also leads me to the dangerous place of being displeased with myself. 

It is probably best to just go for option two from the start. Although we know it is for the better, it is still a scary thing to do. God will no doubt do what is best for us in the situation; so, why is it so hard to trust him? I think it is because of the factor of the unknown. What if God does something that we wouldn't do ourselves? What if God's solution to our problem isn't so pretty? I find myself prying my fingers off the situation one by one until I finally fall, trusting that God will have out his safety net.  And his solution to the problem may be hard to swallow but in the big picture it will be a beautiful answer to a much bigger problem than the one on the surface.

I like this method better because the whole "Oh Well" factor isn't there. I have to pay attention to what God is saying. There is no way for me to not care about what happens next. In a way option two makes me more involved in the situation than I was in the first place. And along the way my relationship with my heavenly father, who I love so dearly, is taken to a new level. 

Surrender my lovelies. Take the leap. 
Cassandra




No comments:

Post a Comment